Monday, April 30, 2007

JUNKIN'

Not much going on. Cleaned some aluminum this morning sitting on a chair under my awning. Even though I started early, it warmed up fast with the sun hitting me. I moved the legs of the awning out to the ground so I wouldn't have to duck to go under them. YOU HAVE TO WATCH WHERE YOU WALK AROUND HERE! Greg asked me this morning how much longer I'd be able to stay here to watch his place for him & I told him I'd like for him to come back as soon as possible. As you can see, LIVING CONDITIONS AREN'T TOO GREAT HERE.
Here is the pile of aluminum I cleaned. 18# @ .55, so I got about $5 for my work, which isn't enough considering I had to take it off of the trailer also. Then it had to have any glass taken out, any screws taken out, & any rubber or grout removed. So I guess I'll just watch the guys & come here to the campgrounds to be on the PC & go swimming.
I call this MOTOR HEAD POST. If I could have taken it to scrap, I could have probably made more than $5. Right after taking this picture, I went inside the fence to take a picture of the 2 friendly German Shepperd dogs, but they ran away from me when they saw the camera. I have a friend who has a neighboring white Pit Bull who runs away from cameras also.

This is James, a friend of Greg's on his 1950's Case tractor. It runs on LP. Not pretty, but it has power & we moved a big commercial backhoe yesterday with it.
According to the weatherman, it is to be in the upper 80's all week here with no rain in site. I took a cool shower today & plan to go swimming after I get off the PC. Hope you are enjoying the weather yourself. Hope to hear from you as to what you are doing, not fwds. Ron

No comments: