Friday, February 23, 2007

Gone Swimming





Has finally warmed up enough for ME to go swimming. The Peace River surrounds two sides of this campground, where there are alligators, plus there is one in a retention pond I have seen also. But the most famous one is named Stumpy because his left rear leg is chewed off. WELL, AT LEAST THEY THOUGHT IT WAS A HE, but Stumpy gave birth to baby alligators this year. Several times I have seem Stumpy & another alligator on the bank, across the river about 30' away. Other wild animals seen around here are deer, bobcat, cougar, & wild pigs. Maybe if I look at mean enough, I can scare this RUBBER ALLIGATOR HEAD out of the pool, LOL


When I got done with the swimming pool, SHIVERING because the air was cooler than the water (upper 70's today), I went over to the HOT TUB. I did ok walking down the steps to waist deep, but it was too hot for me. I stood there for awhile, so a gal named Lola kept trying to get me to sit down. You know what they say: "WHATEVER LOLA WANTS, LOLA GETS."


Well, I sat down & was ok within a minute. Lola & her husband Dean have been friends of mine for 3 years. We met at Unadilla, Ga. 3 years ago. The sign on the HOT TUB says 100-104 degrees. I was surprised I wasn't cold when I got out of the HOT TUB. Tonight as I sit here making this blog, I am sitting with Dean, Lola's husband.


%0

1 comment:

Tina said...

Yeah, you definitely look more scary than the gator !!