Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Dinner

We had a great Christmas dinner here at http://www.1000trails.com/ at Peace River, near Wauchula, Florida. We had a 40' X 60' tent. At each stake in the ground there was some kind of Christmas decoration so people wouldn't walk into the stakes.
I think there were 4 picnic tables they brought in, plus 2 other tables to put food on. When I took this picture, the food wasn't all here yet as it ended up about all of the seating area of these tables having food on them also. I took deviled eggs & they all disappeared. I counted & 8 people took deviled eggs.
Here's Deb to make announcements. One thing she mentioned was a tornado watch, LOL. Actually the sun is shining & it is beautiful today, but last year it was windy & they were having to hold onto the tent & food to keep everything from blowing away. I took other pictures of Deb, but liked this one the best. She works the whole crowd & "WE HAVE FUN HERE!" She makes us laugh. You'd love Deb if you ever met her. She said this is the biggest gathering we had ever had for one event. This tent will still be here for New Year's.
As Deb said, no matter how we handled this, there was gonna be chaos. Well, after the food was blessed & handicapped people got their food, Deb explained what would work best. Well, I decided to just take some pictures & sit & wait awhile. I waited about 15 minutes before I went through the line. There were 193 people signed up for the dinner, so they'd know approximately how much ham & turkey to fix. Looking, there may have been more show up.
As I was sitting I heard this woman say, as she was fanning her face with her plate, "Between Hot Flashes & being hungry, that people better not pout & better not shout.", LOL. Well, I had to get her to repose this picture. There were other people fanning their faces with their plates also. This morning when I went outside at around 8AM & it was 63 degrees, it reminded me of one time when I was a kid & we played football on Christmas Day outside without coats on in northern Indiana. I think the temperature here today was to be 75+, which I'm sure it made it.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas, Ron

1 comment:

Jim Guld, Mr. Geek said...

That is quite the crowd.
We really miss the Peace River folks but we are having a good time in Arizona. It is quite a bit cooler here. Only in the low 60s and windy today.
Merry Christmas and wishes for a Bright and Happy New Year!!