Monday, November 12, 2007

Orange Juice & more

Today I spent over an hour squeezing juice from oranges. It is an electric juicer, but you have to hold down on the 1/2 orange as the juicer turns. I got almost 1 gallon out of 2/3rds bucket of oranges. The oranges were given to me by a gal at Bowling Green who was just picking them up & throwing them away. Worst part is getting the seeds separated.
Last night I received these miniature vegetables. So a fork lift operator dumped a whole skid I heard. I remember once getting a whole case of bananas when a load was refused somewhere in Indiana. WE HAD BANANAS COMING OUT OF OUR EARS, LOL!!! Banana bread, pie, & whatever.
This morning I went to the Veteran's Day program. This is the Honor Guard marching to the ceremony outside.
Placing the wreath was a local lady. I didn't get the picture I wanted as I went to the next picture of the bugler playing "TAPS"
Tonight I am riding with 3 other friends to Lakeland, Fl. to Golden Coral to the free Veteran's supper.

Weather is still beautiful here & the weather forecast is good for all week. Ron

No comments: