Sunday, November 11, 2007

Pineapples & Bananas in Florida?


I seemed to assume these came from Hawaii or South America, but here they are close to the campground. A gal here sells oranges, etc. to the snowbirds. Since I took my camera, she showed me around. I'll have to go buy some from her myself this year. She only had a few pineapple, but quite a few bananas. Some are a smaller type. The red piece under the bananas is the bloom.
This is a Navel Orange tree & the oranges are starting to ripen. She also showed me a lemon tree & she said the lemons she has are real juicy.
This is some kind of a thorn (by name) that Hummingbirds like. She had lots of other flowers there also & some trumpet flowers that she said will be open shortly. She has a lot of variety of plants.
Here is the Papaya tree with fruit on it. You can go read more about it at: http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/papaya.html Guess I'll wait till she says they are ripe & try one.

Weather is beautiful here again today. Yesterday I talked to a friend & Indiana & he said he'd like to be down here, but can't come for maybe another several years. Ron

1 comment:

Keith Johnson said...

Those look so good! I need to get down to Florida soon once I find a new RV in PA I heard they had much more than just oranges. Great place to camp as well!