Monday, September 3, 2007

I Graduated

All through August, I have been keeping a secret from MOST OF YOU. I went back to school to become a school bus driver. I had to study hard to pass 4 tests to get a CDL learners permit to go to school. Then there was 1st Aid & CPR before classroom with tests almost everyday for 2 weeks before even getting inside the bus. Then had to learn to do CDL inspection & pass that test. Then I got in the bus & spent 2 weeks almost driving around the lot, practicing student pick-ups & railroad crossings. I had a few problems getting in the habit of putting the bus in neutral & setting the parking brake. These buses have air brakes which are real good. So now that I have graduated & have a job, I got a car to drive to work. It is a 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass, which is in great shape. Only 2 owners. The 1st kept it garaged & the 2ND has only had it 2 years. Was running rough, but a new set of spark plugs fixed the problem.
Also I have joined the Elks. I was invited last May & was just installed about 2 weeks ago. They have great charities including a camp for children here in Florida.
This has been Labor Day Weekend. We had several activities here at the campground of which I'll make a separate blog entry. I won the pool tournament, (BY DEFAULT!!!). No one else showed up, but I did get to shoot 2 games with the manager, Debbie. I won the 1st game & she won the 2ND game. She told me there was a trophy for winning. I put it in the windshield of my bus, even though it is only a 25 cent piece of plastic.

The weather has seemed to have been a little cooler here as we have been getting either afternoon showers or cloudiness to cool it off early each day. No air conditioner last night & won't need one tonight either. I think it is Thursday the high is supposed to only be up to 88. I'll be happy to see days that only get to a high of 80.

Well, got to get to bed early so I can get up to go to work in the morning. Ron

No comments: