Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Orange?


I've been noticing the green oranges for some time, but decided to let them grow some before I took a picture of them. Guess I never really thought about an orange starting out green. But a true story I heard Monday. A woman's son missed his school bus, so he started walking home & he got thirsty, so he picked an orange off of a tree. She said he had it all peeled & partially ate when she found him. CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW BITTER THAT ORANGE WAS???
This morning when I got to the bus garage, there was a yellow sticky note in my mailbox. It told me I needed to drive route 197 Thursday afternoon, WHICH WILL BE BY MYSELF!!! SO IT IS OUT OF THE FRYING PAN INTO THE FIRE!!! I had been handed enough practice sheets to ride in the morning & drive in the afternoon for 2 weeks before I was turned loose to run by myself, but they said I did fine driving that route on Tuesday, so they are confident I can do it by myself. I'll get a nice kid who knows the route to help me. All the buses I have driven so far on the routes are stub nose & have lots more power than my bus has. Step on the throttle & YOU GO!!! Step on the AIR BRAKES & YOU STOP!!! Haven't thrown anybody through the windshield yet, LOL. On this route 197, there is a road that starts out dirt & then turns into a COW PATH, basically. Just 2 trails of dirt with a grassy middle. I asked Jimmy, the driver if he ever met anybody on this path, LOL
Weather is nice here this evening. I'd love for it to just stay this way. Hump Day is over. Weekend will be here soon...............................................Ron

1 comment:

Debbie Do said...

We are very proud of you! Congrats!