Sunday, September 16, 2007

Surprise Surprise

Yesterday I checked back into the campground & in the afternoon I was in the lounge doing e-mail when all of a sudden a gal called me by name. I looked at her, but didn't instantaneously recognize her, but then I saw her husband behind her, so I knew it was Carl & Renee from Indiana. They had flown down to Florida from Indiana & then driven down to see me with Carl's folk's car. WHAT A SURPRISE!!! They would have called me, but they didn't have my phone # in their cell phone.
So after some time chatting I gave them the tour of the campground & my favorite area down by the river. Their daughters are all grown & flown the nest, so now they plan to sell their house & become full-time RV's. Gosh, they look too young to do that. Still look like 25-30. Carl is a big cut up & a lot of fun. Renee keeps him in line, LOL. Both of them are hard workers, so they'll probably never fully retire. Carl & Renee make commercial signs. They both remodeled the house they are living in themselves to make it more valuable on the market. They did have a school bus that they made signs out of it, painted John Deere Green, but now it is sold, & they'll get another bus to camp in.
One day this week, after my shower, I went to put this sock on after my shower, but it had a hole in it. I didn't realize it was the sock that had a hole in it UNTIL I had it on my RIGHT FOOT & the hole was at my BIG TOE!!!. So rather than to get another pair of socks out of the drawer, I thought I'd just put the holy sock on my left foot so the hole would be at my little toe. TO MY SURPRISE, when I went to take my socks off that night, THAT HOLE HAD SOMEHOW MOVED UP TO THE BIG TOE, LOL. So I threw away that sock!!!
At Karaoke I saw a couple of T-shirts I liked so I took pictures of them. This reminds me of the commercial I saw yesterday on the Purdue football game, I think. GO PURDUE!!! Anyway, they had cows parachuting into the football stadium. One landed on a vendor I think, but the message was EAT MORE CHICKEN from Chick-Fil-A. I have a friend who drives to a lot of their grand openings. The 1st 100 people in line gets a coupon for a free meal a week for a year. John must had 25 or more, so he can eat free there all the time.
This was another T-shirt I saw last night. Reminds me of when I was camping back in the 1970's & saw bumper stickers, "If the trailer is rocking, Don't come knocking"

Weather is beautiful with it cooling off some here & supposed to get even nicer this next week. They can CAN the 90+ degree weather. Hope you had a nice weekend. Ron

No comments: