Thursday, September 13, 2007

I moved a mountain


This intersection I used frequently, but it is an endangerment to traffic as the hedge was too tall to be able to see the 1 way traffic, so you had to get out into the intersection to see oncoming traffic. So when I went into the bank, of which I just recently opened an account, I told the receptionist I was gonna take a picture of the intersection & put it in the paper if they didn't cut it down to make it more visible. She took me right to the PRESIDENT'S office, but he was out, so I explained to the secretary & she, "NO, DON'T DO THAT, she'd tell him what I said". Well, 2 days later I took this 1st picture figuring I didn't get the message across.
But today as I crossed the same intersection, they were chopping the hedge down to make it much more visible. I called the bank & told them who I was & thanked them. I talked to the secretary again, & she let on like they just didn't realize what a problem it was & then blamed it on their landscaping contractor, but at least the hedge got cut down. See the red pickup coming down the street? Maybe I should be nice to the bank now & take a picture of the mural that is painted on the outside of their building.
Another spider. Don't think this one is poisonous, but there were about 5 of them in a 20' span area. About 2 or maybe 3" long. They sew a strange web. One guy called it a banana spider & another called it a sewing spider, but neither knew it's proper name. I got several letters from mostly women about concern for me on the poisonous spider I did recently, & 1 gal didn't like the spider picture at all! So hope she lives through this one.
Then this morning I had this big grasshopper on the bus. I had to open the door to get the camera & then went back outside & closed the door to take the picture. Happy he didn't jump off before I got the picture. I can remember when I was growing up on the farm what a nuisance they were. Sometimes they'd get inside your shirt or pants leg or shoes. But sometimes we'd catch them to use for fishing bait also. Seems like to me they were green in the summer & turn more brown in the fall. They could sure damage crop leaves!!!
I saw this on the front of a pickup today. One of my friends, Lynn Heath, whom I went to school with, rode the same school bus part of the time, & had Minneapolis tractors, married a petite gal & her CB name was "HALF PINT". She had cancer, but got treatment & it is now in remission. So here is this picture for you Connie.


This evening we got heavy rain. Maybe an inch fell in an hour. Sure did cool it off outside. I sat on the porch & watched the traffic go by when it was coming down the hardest. Nice smell to it also. On the weather they said next week we should be in the upper 80's for highs all week. Sure better than upper 90's. But heard they got snow out west already. NO THANKS, THAT IS WHY I'M HERE!!!

All for now. I'll be coming back into the campground this weekend from the salvage yard. Have a nice weekend. Ron

1 comment:

Debbie Do said...

Yep that is a banana spider or a golden silk spider! Not dangerous & can spin a web 10 feet overnight! Seems in Texas the color is more pronounced! Black & yellow. Cool pics!