Friday, November 9, 2007

Cattle, horse, & elephants?

This morning as I was headed to Sebring, I stopped by the house of a couple I had helped when their car broke down in front of the salvage yard. We pulled their car in off the highway until a wrecker came & got it. Then I took the man back to his house you see here. The cattle were up by the house, BUT I DIDN'T HAVE MY CAMERA WITH ME!!! So the next day I took him to town to pick up his pickup which was being released from the body shop, but the cattle weren't near the house. They used to have several hundred acres, but now have retired to just 7 acres. As you can see, the mowing is kept to a minimum with livestock in the yard. I liked the Palm trees in their yard.
This horse was real friendly & walked right up to me of which I petted him. Then the Mrs. came out & fed him.
ELEPHANTS? Well, I counted 22 buses lined up. About half of them leave from the Jr. High School to go to the Sr. High school. LOOKS LIKE A PARADE OF ELEPHANTS GOING FROM 1 SCHOOL TO THE OTHER. We drive through the west side of town. One stoplight has a crossing guard who also has a key to the stoplight box & she controls the light so all the buses get a green light.

Since both schools are out in the countryside, almost every kid rides the bus. You can't see the beginning of the line, but I am the 10th bus in line, route 494. As you can see there was a beautiful sky yesterday & the weather is great here today also.

No comments: