Thursday, November 1, 2007

Dill Pickle?

Well, I saved a dog from the pound. The dog catcher came back to take my info & collect the money. I got him for just $45, much cheaper than I had seen other places where they wanted $75. Before I even decided on him, we took him out of the cage & I sat down & he jumped up on my lap & started kissing me. I knew right then that we'd get along fine. He has such pretty markings. He is a Jack Russell mix.

He didn't bark that day like the other dogs that were in their cages. Being small, (12#) it would cost less to feed him & less to clean up after since we have to clean up after them here in the campground. So the dog catcher told his name was Dill. I asked her to repeat it as I didn't hear her for sure. Well, I thought other people wouldn't understand Dill either, so I started calling him Dill Pickle. Well, a friend of mine said that was a goofy name for a dog, so she suggested "Pickle", so that is what it has been ever since. He is about 1 year old & wasn't dog trained, but getting better now, since I walk him a lot & several times a day. One reason I got him was so that I went walking also, AS MY DOCTOR TOLD ME TOO!!! Well, maybe I get 1/4 mile per walk that I haven't been getting. He likes to go even more, so I hop on the scooter & he runs beside me.

He doesn't like to be closed up in the bus. One day he must have been hungry, so he got up on the table & got ahold of a box of uncooked spaghetti & ate part of that. Also he has gotten into pecans that were by the driver's compartment. He just crack those shells with his sharp teeth & separate the shells from the nut & leave the shells on the floor, LOL. He is doing better as to me leaving him, but he wants to be outside. He doesn't bark if I leave in the car, but if I walk away he barks & barks. So Debbie, the Mgr. here at Peace River, gave me a BARK STOPPER. Well, I finally put it on him & walked away to carry trash & throw it away. He started barking like he had been HURT BADLY, so had to go back & take it off of him. Guess I will just have to spend some time with him training him how to keep it from shocking him. OH, BY THE WAY, I ACCIDENTALLY GOT SHOCKED BY IT ALSO. I put fingers on both contacts & it GOT ME TWICE!!! Well, Pickle is learning & is a very loving dog. He likes being in my lap & sleeps with me also.
Now this is a semi-truck from Chapman Fruit Co. Not really a load of fruit as you can see here. Really, not much of a load, but the trailer was all loaded, decorated up for the homecoming parade here at Wauchula.
Now this is one heck of a way to celebrate Halloween. I wish I had asked her if I could have signed it. I like doing stuff like that. I didn't notice what was on the bottom until of the cast till I saw the picture on the PC. She said a cow broke her leg. I had a black Angus pin me in a corner of a truck once when I was taking him to the slaughter house.
This is just a cute mailbox that is out on my bus route. It is almost to the end of a dead end road.


I didn't get a picture of the full moon this month, so here is May's full moon.

Maybe tomorrow I will get another blog made, one with some Halloween costume pictures. Weather is much nicer & we are supposed to be getting some nights where the low is into the upper 50's. Daytime has been 75-85.

If you are in an area you turn back the clocks, this coming weekend is the time. Ron

No comments: