Thursday, November 8, 2007

Pickle & Alligators

I got Pickle for me to get more exercise & also companionship, but he likes to run & I can't run anymore. Took him about a day to get used to running along beside the scooter, but he does great now, UNLESS HE SEES ANOTHER DOG THAT BARKS AT HIM, or a squirrel.

Looking in the background of this picture, you'll see the campgrounds is still nearly empty there, but up here on higher ground, it is filling in rapidly.


From the 1st night I got him, I have allowed him to sleep with me. Last night he was at the dinette asleep, so I tried to trick him & let the bed down quietly, but he heard me & was on the bed before me. Sometimes I have to chase him off of my pillow. I took this picture of him this morning. He always seems to take his share out of the middle. At least he is real good about being ready to go to sleep instead of play when he gets in bed. Yesterday he got 2 play toys. One I found on the ground at McDonald's & one a friend gave to us. He likes both of them.
This is a saloon on the way back from the flea market Sunday. the sun was in the wrong position, but gives you an idea that they had murals painted on it.
At the flea market they also had an alligator show. I wasn't there at the right time to see them feed these alligators, but there were 3 ponds of small alligators 2-3' long, so I imagine they could really be scrappy. They had a big one also, but it was in a place I couldn't take a picture of it.
This is one of the small ones. He looks like he is alert & those toenails look like they could rip you apart. I bet his teeth are sharp also.

Got down to lower 50's here this morning or maybe even a little colder. Supposed to be in the nice 70's today. Ron

No comments: