Sunday, March 18, 2007

Floating Down the River

Dean & I took a trip down the Peace River Saturday. I am sure glad we got over 1/2" of rain Friday. We had a couple of places we dragged bottom & one place Dean had to get out & push the boat. Dean did MOST of the rowing. In the 1st picture, we had just gotten in & his pickup is in the background. Mostly I rowed just to help steer or if we need to go from one side of the river to the other side to miss some branches or rocks. We saw several turtles out sunning themselves, but not any alligators or snakes.

I came down the river last year & at this one place where you see the guy waving, he always has music playing. I was happy to see him this time. He invited us to come to his St. Paddy's party & started telling us how to get to his place by road.


Nearing the end of our journey, beside the campground, there was a group of people digging for shark's teeth & fossils.
The weather is beautiful here today. I will be leaving here early tomorrow morning & going toward Busnell, Fl. for a week, so might be awhile before I am back on the Internet, & THEN AGAIN MAYBE NOT! Seems this computer is MY WHOLE LIFE, LOL!!! Ron

No comments: