Monday, March 5, 2007

Good News-Bad News




Been a week since I have been in the campground. Bad news is that I can only stay in the campgrounds 2 weeks at a time & then I have to leave for 1 week.
The good news to that was that I needed to paint my bus again as it had been 6 years since it had been painted & it was faded & chipped as to see yellow paint spots, so a place that sells used tires & various parts from campers, trailers etc. let me park in there & I got my bus painted. See picture of the bus.
The bad news was it was awfully junky & I had to watch where I stepped to keep from stepping on nails or getting cut from scrap aluminum siding or get into the RED ANTS!!! See picture of some junk I had to walk around & through to get to various places.
Some more good news was that I had a lot of time, a whole week, with electricity & water furnished at no charge, except a little labor. I helped stack some skids onto a truck once, WHICH I GOT A RED ANT BITE, & I drove the owner to Clearwater in his car about 90 miles to the airport so he could fly to Ft. Wayne, Indiana. Then I had use of his car the rest of the day in which I visited a friend at Clearwater & shopped at Wal-Mart before going back to the junkyard. With plenty of time on my hands, I decided to make some homemade potato soup with cheese & ham. It sure was good. I made enough for 2 servings. Think I'll make some more tomorrow. See picture of the cheesy potato & ham soup.
Some more bad news, I had to go past a dog that I was told would bite, so I went well out of my way. HE BARKED FEROCIOUSLY!!! I thought of him as the JUNKYARD DOG. See his picture. There were a total of 10 dogs there, ALL CHAINED UP. All the rest were friendly, except 1 after dark who was just being protective, & it nipped me once. There was 1 cute little dog there I would have liked & they said I could have him, but I didn't take him.
I also got a picture of the FULL MOON, but I'll send it separate.
It was chilly here this morning, but warmed up nicely this afternoon. I had lots of e-mails, including 2 e-mails from a Russian friend who came to America last summer & worked in the carnival with me. She also sent pictures, WITH HEAVY COATS on. It really made it look cold there, but she said it was 15-17C if I remember right, WHICH IS COLD TO ME!!!
Hope all is well with you & hope to hear what you are doing, NOT JUST FWDS. Ron

2 comments:

Living on Borrowed Time said...

You live in an old school bus, how cool is that?....
I like it what's it look like inside?
Do you get much hassle from camp owners about camping in it?
What color are you going to paint it?
I always thought I'd like to build an RV out of an old bus.

Say, I live in Ft Wayne, Indiana that guy wasn't coming to see me was he?

Have a good life,

MyBlueHeaven said...

Betty: I don't consider it old. It is a 1989, but I built it inside in 2001. I have a full RV inside with double stainless steel sink, full size refrigerator, full size bed that folds down at night, full size shower. I don't know how you found the blog, but glad you saw it. You can e-mail me at zaqphoto@gmail.com or call me at (765) 242-1167. I do have a sister who lives at Ft. Wayne & a friend also. I painted the bus FORD TRACTOR BLUE & I have had only had 1 campground who let me in reluctantly. I have no idea who you are, so hope to hear from you. Ron