Saturday, May 5, 2007

FLYING CHUNKY MONKEES

This is a radio controlled airplane, approximate 48" wingspan. It has a .46 cubic " engine. They had problems keeping it running, so it never got to fly today. I have been into the sport several times, but it is expensive, ESPECIALLY SINCE I AM GOOD AT CRASHING THEM!!! The 3rd picture goes with this story, but had a problem with this picture being deleted, so when I reattached it, it came up front. So therefore, I changed the title of this blog from CHUNKY MONKEY to FLYING CHUNKY MONKEES, lol.


This is Saturday & I have to drive the drunks to the Catholic Commodities, so I am getting commodities also. Boy, I sure am relishing this WHOLE CASE, (12), OF BEN & JERRY'S milk shakes. I put them in the refrigerator already to drink one when I get home today from the campgrounds. We also got canned goods of peas, green beans, etc., plus Romaine lettuce, plus a loaf of rye bread, & a pkg. of Jimmy Dean sausage. I never considered myself poor, but according to their income level I am entitled to them.

After taking them back to the junkyard, I headed to town to take pictures of the Elk's BBQ cooking. But on the way, I saw the gate open to the RC, (Radio Control) field. One guy there with his son. I liked the father's shirt, so here it is.


On my way to the Elk's I saw a guy with a clipboard out there with this F-84 fighter. It was new around 1948 & used in the Korean War. The guy was a teacher & they have a project of high school students repainting the airplane to have it looking nice for Memorial day. The lettering still has to be done & a few odds & ends.

Hot here today. Supposed to get some rain today or tomorrow. You can see some clouds in the picture of the F-84. Last night I saw lightning & heard thunder north of us. We sure do need the rain here. All canoe trips have been cancelled because of low river water.

Computer speed? Well, we have 2 free Wi-Fi spots here at the moment. 1000 Trails just put in a dish to receive a signal from a satellite, but I found out that a DSL phone line is faster than off of a satellite. You can test your speed by going to http://www.testmy.net . Look for DUAL TEST on 1st page. Then click on SERVER 1 on the next page, & then it will start testing. I tried it with both Internets here, plus on has both wireless & with Ethernet cord. Realize that this will not always be a constant speed as there are variables on the Internet.

If you'd like some more interesting info about wireless Internet, go check out information from my friends Jim & Chris at http://www.wifisavvy.com

OK, time to go swimming. Have a nice day. Ron

P.S. The drunks are behaving themselves. One in Detox, one with no money to buy beer, & the other never gives me a problem anyway.



No comments: