Friday, May 18, 2007

Would you like some OJ?

I was driving from Sebring to Orlando yesterday & got a little sleepy, so decided to get pulled off for a break, which turned out to be Lake Wales. Turning the bus around can be A JOB!!! I ended up on a dirt road, but I was able to stand up on the hood to take this picture. Looks like at least 25 semi-trailers of oranges. I talked to a security guard & she told me they just show you videos, no live tours anymore.
As I was sitting awaiting my doctor's appointment, I saw these 6 love bugs. They are bad here this time of year. The male-female fly around attached to one another back end to back end. 6 here, so looks like they are having an orgy!!! They sure make a mess all over windshields & radiator grills. When I 1st saw one this year, I thought it was a lightning bug, as it's head is red.
Yesterday afternoon I kept hearing the report of a truck turned over, but not blocking the highway. It was on a side road. That was around 2 PM I heard about it. It was around 7PM, when I was headed to Best Buy to buy my portable air conditioner that I saw it & took pictures. The tanker was loaded with treated waste water, YUK! And it smelled too!!! YUK! I came back by about 2 hours later & it still wasn't turned upright. Had to be pumped off 1st & when I was there, they were having problems keeping the pump engine running.
I forgot to tell you, this semi accident happened 6,630 miles from Russia, LOL. Actually it happened right next to an orange grove that has a roadside stand that is popular in the winter.
On my way home from buying the air conditioner, I stopped at a convenience store. I like their shirts, so took this picture. They said the brand of coffee was founded in 1872. Sounds like cowboys coffee grounds coffee to me.

It is overcast here today, but doubt we get any rain. Cold front coming, so low 80's this weekend. They are now projecting 88 next Wed., Th., & Fr.

Have a nice weekend everybody. Ron

No comments: