Wednesday, May 16, 2007

How many watermelons can an old bus haul?

I was on my way back to the campground today when I saw this. There are a lot of old used school buses used in this area for agricultural use. I could see this bus came from maybe the early 1980's or maybe even as old as the 1970's. It was an International 1700 series. The body USED TO BE A BLUEBIRD, but behind the 1st row of seats, they cut it off to the floor level & then put sideboards of wood on. They may have paid around $2,000 for this bus, not anywhere near it's value if they bought a used straight farm truck. Plus they have great maintenance when they are owned by the school, so a used school bus is a great value. My bus has all the things a $100,000 or more motor home has with a lot less cost.

So how many watermelons do you suppose was in this load? 2,000? 3,000? WOW! It took 6 guys to unload this bus load.
I went in & talked to the owner of the FARMER'S MARKET. I'm going back in this next week. He is supposed to have some SWEET ONIONS for me. They raise them in the strawberry patch. The onions are so mild, you can eat them like an apple. NO TEARS when you peel them either!!!
Hot here today. Think I'll take a nap, then shower, & go swimming. Hope to have my 2ND air conditioner soon. Ron

No comments: