Sunday, June 10, 2007

Lightning


I heard thunder, so I went out to take pictures of the lightning. I am running on battery power. I took about 20 pictures to get 2 pictures with lightning in them. I am back to Orlando today. No rain so far, but I'm expecting it, but hoping it misses here as I left my umbrella in the bus.
I left Wachula about 7:30 this morning. I headed to Bushnell, Fl., to pick up the used veggie oil a restaurant is saving for me. I had a nice western omelet for breakfast there. Picked up around 45 gallons of Canola oil. That's around 350 miles of free fuel.


This row of Live Oak trees was on a highway getting to Bushnell. They have been there a long time & looked to be 10 or more in a row, so somebody planted them I'm sure. I had a problem with Live Oak trees in Bartow, Fl. They had an electrical problem on the highway & had traffic detoured IN TOWN. Some of those trees had moss hanging down low & I caught some of it on my CB antenna, which then came down & obstructed my view in the mirror.


The trees in the previous picture was where I turned around, but this is the picture I turned the bus around to get. The place is for sale & unfortunately this (PAGODA?) has been left in disrepair. I think it looks like Japanese, but maybe Chinese. Anybody know?

No comments: