Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Merritt Island

This was a beautiful house for sale on the island. THEY MUST HAVE BEEN IN A RUSH TO SELL IT OR IT HAD A REALLY HIGH PRICE TO BEGIN WITH!!! I got a brochure of the listing. Price is reduced $200,000, YES YOU SAW RIGHT!!! There were many houses for sale along the main road on the island. We even saw a couple of old houses that looked like they weren't worth $20,000, but probably because of land value, they were worth much more.
Sure glad I wasn't in the bus as there were many trees hanging down low over the road, plus the road gets narrow & some twists at the end.

Below is a totem pole & a tree with shiney bark. I would have liked to show you the whole tree as the limbs twisted in various directions, but the shininess of the bark wouldn't have shown.






When you get down to the south end of the island, where it is narrow, & you can see water on both sides of you, I saw this. A couple of Brown Pelicans.

Another picture I didn't get in here was a pretty tree with red flowers. It was a Royal Poinciana.

I also saw some sail boats. One fishing boat I saw had the name, "REEL FANTASTIC".

No comments: