Saturday, August 4, 2007

My Halo?

I set the alarm for 4:30 AM this morning as I was supposed to be at the Elk's Lodge at 6 AM. I rode my electric scooter, about 3 miles from campground to Elk's. As I was riding, I saw this mystery cloud in the east before sunrise. Looked like a halo. My halo? I remember other strange cloud formations & once thought I saw an UFO when I was delivering newspapers in the 1960's. I never told anybody though, LOL.
So when I got to the Elk's, daylight was starting to come & I noticed the halo loop was gone. Well to me, now it looked like maybe somebody let the Jeanie out of the bottle, LOL.
Daylight here & there is a "R", SO IT MUST HAVE BEEN FOR ME, LOL. Well, if you back up to the previous picture & look at it closer, MAYBE you'll see the truth. About 25 miles east of here is an Air Force bombing range, so there must have been some military jets in the sky leaving vapor trails. The guy telling me about the bombing range, which if I remember right was 10,000 acres or more, but because it is so big & a lot of grass, they lease the ground to cattlemen to pasture cattle. He said he was there once when they came in on a bomb run & he said, "YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THOSE COWS RUN!!!"
Well, finally it was time for the BBQ to be set up, which they do the 1st Saturday of each month & is open to the public. So I took pictures of them setting up. They used 10-20# bags of charcoal. There were 3 cases of pork ribs & several cases of chicken. I got a free chicken dinner after getting back from taking 147 pictures of their golf tournament, but that is another blog story. Besides taking pictures, I did take the trash to the dumpster, so I tried to help, LOL.
Here's 3 of the guys helping putting seasoning on the pork ribs. Sure did look good!!!!

Well, it was time for me to leave them & head for the golf course.

Time for me to end this blog also, EXCEPT, it was hot out there on the golf course today. A golfer came up to me & said he had the "GOLF TIP OF THE DAY" "IT IS 20 DEGREES COOLER IN THE SHADE", so after that I started looking for a place to park the golf cart in the shade. I hear it is hot up north also, so stay cool,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ron

No comments: