Friday, August 3, 2007

Poisonous Brown Recluse Spider

Not sure, but may have gotten bitten night before last. I was walking through the dark & walked right into this round spider web as I was on my cell phone in the dark. So last night, Gregg where I am staying at the junkyard, said he had some thing to show me. This was it. I think it is the same spider that I ran into it's round web the night before. I have a spot on my wrist, but it could just be an ant bite also as I have gotten ants in the bus. Gregg gave me a powder to get rid of them. Yesterday I took a shirt out of the closet to put on & all of a sudden I felt something crawling all over me. I hurriedly took it off & the shirt had 20 or so ants on it, so I shook them off before I put the shirt back on.
Here is a link for the Brown Recluse Spider. There are other links there you can look at also. http://www.emedicinehealth.com/spider_bite_brown_recluse_spider_bite/page2_em.htm

This is a picture I took 2-3 years ago of spider webs along the road. This went on & on for maybe 5 miles early one morning.

P.S. Gregg killed the Brown Recluse Spiders after I took the pictures. He also found another one & killed it after I went back to the bus.

I am back to the campground today for 2 weeks. Supposed to be 97 both Saturday & Sunday. At least I will be on the PC more in the air conditioning or in the pool. Have a nice weekend. Ron

1 comment:

el bloggo said...

dear ron,

from the description of the web this sounds like an orb weaver.
recluses build their webs in corners and the webs resemble a black widow as opposed to the traditional flat spiral shaped web. in any case if it was a recluse, it would not have been in its web at night, as this is when they go hunting.
did the bite heal quickly?