Thursday, April 5, 2007

Cool Rides & Golf

I am always finding something different to photograph. This morning as I was eating breakfast, I saw this guy riding on his Harley Davidson leaving the campground with his pipe in his mouth. I used to smoke, but not anymore. I always hated cigar smokers, but like the smell of pipe tobacco. Always heard a pipe smoker was a relaxed person. So I caught him on the way back in. Notice the bus in the background.
Next thing I notice is a BICYCLE FOR TWO. I hopped on my scooter & chased them down. After I took their picture, I headed back to the bus. As I was riding along I saw the back side of a CD, so I picked it up & turned it over, to discover it is an "OLDIES" Vol 2-Disc 2. It is pretty clean, so I'll download it to my computer. Saturday night I have volunteered my time to DJ at the Peace River campground. I see some songs on it to play. "HAVING A PARTY"; "UNCHAINED MELODY"; "POOR LITTLE FOOL"; "MOTHER-IN-LAW; "UNDER THE BOARDWALK"; "ALLEY-OOP"; "TEEN ANGEL" & more making 25 songs. In case you never heard it "SENIOR CITIZENS" are sometimes referred to as "RECYCLED TEENAGERS", which there are a lot of them here in this resort.

I made a video slide show of the woman & her daughter & put it to music, "BICYCLE BUILT FOR TWO". Then as I went to there campsite down by the lake, they had left, so I went over to the sandy beach & sat on the bench for awhile. 10 minutes & they hadn't returned, so I looked at some small fishes, about 1" or less long in the edge of the water. Then I saw an aluminum can someone had thrown down. I saw a trash can less than 25' from where the can was, so I went over to pick up the can to throw it away. "SURPRISE!", it was a full unopened can of pink lemonade. Must be my "LUCKY DAY". I've found 2 items today. Maybe someone will drop a $100 bill before the day is over for me to find :) So the PINK LEMONADE is now in my refrigerator.
All my luck today made me to decide to do some golfing on the 3 hole course here. I lost all my luck on the 1st ball! LINE DRIVE RIGHT INTO THE WATER, at the edge. So I got my ball retriever out to try to get it out of the water. COULDN'T EVEN SEE IT, so I had went from 11 to 10 balls in my bag that quick.
Then I returned to my bag & returned the ball retriever to the bag. Turned around & there were these 2 Cranes coming over to the pond to get a drink, so I had to wait for them to get out of the way. See the flag stick in the background I was shooting for? It was like they INTENTIONALLY was holding me up :) After they left I hit the other 10 balls I had in my bag, with 2 more going into the water :) So then time to go gather the ones I hit. 2 went closer to the other green than the one I was shooting for; 1 crossed the creek & hit a Pine tree in the top, which a guy was sitting not too far away & he told me where to find my ball. Other balls went left/right/short/long. Only 1 rolled across the green to the backside.
But I did find all the balls I hit, other than the ones that went into the water!!! So as you can see, I'M NOT A VERY GOOD GOLFER :) But not to worry. As you can see I have a 5 gallon bucket almost full of golf balls. On top I saw one ball that is really cut bad, so next time, I'll be sure to use it:) You'd be surprised at all the STUFF I carry aound in my bus:) I made one more trip to the lake, but the people weren't there, but I stopped at the driving range, where you drive the balls into a net. Another guy was there saying something, so I went over there & he was talking about a turtle under a motor home, so I took a picture of it, about 1' long, but couldn't attach it here.
So now this afternoon I am in the air conditioning to keep cool. Supposed to get down to 49 here Easter morning. I hear some of you will have frosty Easter mornings also. Happy Easter. Ron

No comments: