Sunday, April 1, 2007



Svetlana is the blond in all of these pictures. She sent me these 2 pictures today of her & her friends in their dance costumes.

She wrote: "There is a tradition at each university of Russia. We have competitions between faculties which we call ╚The Student's Spring╩. Each faculty prepares for 1,5-2 hour concert choosing any theme. There should be the script, songs, dances, and verses in each concert. We prepared for the concert during March. I met many creative students: actors, singers, dancers, musicians. I participated in dances. We had 3 dances: classical, modern and Indian. I sent you my favourite photos!

I took lots of pictures of the Russian girls. As soon as they understood I was a professional photographer & doing it for fun & also for them to e-mail pictures back to Russia, they willingly posed, sometimes coming to me to take their picture. They, as well as I had access to wireless internet through our boss, Jamie Skerbeck of Skerbeck Carnival. I took lots of pictures of them on rides, but all of us worked in games. They wanted a picture with me in it, so here it is. I think I can name them left to right & tell you what game they worked. L-R is: Tanya, who worked in the BUST 3 game beside me in a trailer; the other Svetlana, who worked in the INFLATE BOOTH, (aka duck pond); me; Anna, also inflate booth; and last Svetlana who worked the LONG SHOT basketball game.
In the last picture, here is Svetlana across the midway almost 75' from me. She had no idea I had taken her picture. Looks like a portrait, but it wasn't posed, JUST HAPPENED THAT WAY. Actually, I liked it so well, I showed it to Tanya in trailer next to me & the other 2 Russian girls before we showed it to her. Jamie, our boss liked it also. I have had e-mails from Tanya also. I hope to be friends with them for a long time.

Even though Jamie has requested me to come back to work in the carnival this coming summer, I'm not going back to work. Just too hard on me working & the travel schedule with my bus. It has been fun & a new experience for me. I plan to stay in Florida this summer to camp, swim, take pictures, & other activities. Ron

1 comment:

brenda_2_u said...

We are glad to see you are having fun.
Stay safe and be well
Brenda and Greg