Thursday, April 26, 2007

Cycle-Recycle

Yesterday's blog got 4 replies, 2 of which asked me if I was really camping in the junk yard & one who asked me if I was afraid. One reply said, "The latest one you sent was so funny!! The pic's are great on it as is your writing too. I forwarded it to some of my people. I got a new item for you to put on your bottom of your e mails, signature that is. = When you dream in color, it's a pigment of your imagination.
I know, your welcome!!" (Jo thinks I live such an interesting life). Other people have envied me also. It's not all roses though. I have to put up with some thorns too, LOL. [Last night I was dreaming I had lost my computer & was about to go crazy looking for it, thinking someone had stolen it, UNTIL I WOKE UP & REALIZED IT WAS ONLY A DREAM, THANK GOODNESS!]

Last night after putting on yesterday's blog , I went to Karaoke at the Elk's Club. As usual, I got the camera out & took some pictures of different people singing Karaoke. Then a club officer asked me to take a picture of him with a lady, which I did. Then another guy told him that I was the one who was hauling away their used french fry grease & had the blue bus that uses it for fuel. He said he remembered meeting me at 2 auto parts stores & thought I was crazy for using used french fry grease for fuel, but now that he has seen me at Elk's a number of times at Karaoke & is happy I haul away their used french fry grease, he has decided I am OK. Then they asked me to join the Elk's, which I explained I couldn't afford it, so the guy of whom took his picture asked the other guy if he'd pay half of my dues for one year, which he said yes, so I filled out the paperwork. I KNOW THEY ARE ALWAYS DOING THINGS TO GET MEMBERS IN CLUBS. Of course, I obligated myself to take more pictures at outings they have, which could in turn give me more photography business.
Back to the junkyard last night, a drunk was mad at me because I didn't give him a ride to town. I had told him in 1 hour I would be ready. Then I had to go hunt him down & tell him, only to find he had driven the truck to his house, which was against the rules, & then when I told him for the 2nd time I was ready to go, he stopped to talk to another drunk for 5 minutes, so I drove off leaving him. Now when I got home last night, there was a newspaper hanging on my door, "WE NEED TO TALK!!!!!", so I called the junkyard owner & he said to pull all the keys out of the trucks so the drunks have no vehicles to drive. They were all still asleep this morning when I left for doctor's appointment, so guess I'll hear from them when I get back, LOL.
On my way to appointment this morning I saw this used motorcycle being used to hold mailbox in front of a motorcycle repair shop. In Indianapolis, Indiana, on East 10th St., there is a used motorcycle parts store named "Cycle-Recycle", so it fit here very well for my subject.

Here in the 2nd picture is a garden tractor made into a train at a lawnmower shop. On the other side of the engine was the names of the "ENGINEERS", which I imagine is the names of family members. Notice, it has a 2nd seat for a "BACK SEAT DRIVER", LOL.

Doing well running on veggie oil today. It is supposed to hit 88 here today.

1 comment:

Karan said...

I agree with Jo you certainly do lead an interesting life.......lol
Thank goodness it was only a dream about the your computer.....what would we do without them. I'm glad it's you putting up with drunks and not me.....they certainly are pushy, aren't they. I'm assuming you aren't doing the Carnival anymore in the summer time.