Friday, April 6, 2007

WILL WORK FOR FOOD

Today the vegetable stand comes into the campground. So I bought some bananas & tangerines. Then I told them I'd trade pictures for food if they liked, which they said "SURE". So I started taking pictures.
After taking a few pictures & they were free from the rush of customers they had, I got to know them a little better. On the left is Janet, "THE BOSS"; her Dad next to her named Jesse; And Janet's sister, Nancy. Jesse is 87 years old & just as spry as me. MAYBE MORE SPRY. They all come from Pennsylvania. So I got their pictures e-mailed to them & showed Nancy the e-mail with 13 pictures.
Then I picked out what I wanted: Corn-on-the-cob, potatoes, tomato, bell pepper, cucumber, strawberries, & A ONION. Now I thought it might be a hot onion, but I was informed it isn't hot. Jesse eats them like apples. They are grown in a field with strawberries. Jesse also brought me around a sample of a pear that really was sweet too.
Now this is Janet's license plate, but I can tell you, all 3 of this family is; "DAMN GOOD" I might end up doing a 5 generation family picture from this one little job of trading pictures for food.

Yesterday I took a picture of this turtle. Not only does it have it's own shell, it has the roof of motor home over it. They are a protected species. I saw on TV where there is new road construction here somewhere in Florida & they are having to hold up construction because of these turtles. I think that is going a little too far. Maybe the ones that can be found they should be relocated. Weather is beautiful here today, with sun & in the lower 70's with low humidity. I'm going to Karaoke tonight & then on back to Peace River campgrounds tomorrow. Have a nice day, Ron

No comments: