Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Butterfly

I went for a walk on the nature trail a few days ago. I saw a red & black what appeared to be a bumble bee, but I've been told it is poisonous & could be deadly, but I wanted a picture of it, so I went for a walk, which was good for me anyway. Need to do it everyday. My doctor wants me to walk 2 miles a day. So anyway I got to see these pretty butterflies close to the river.
Walking along the Peace River, also looking for an alligator, I did find this "RED BELLIED TURTLE". Did I say say "RED BELLIED"? Looks like a yellow bellied to me, but that's it's name.
At the end of the trail, I saw this heron, I think Blue Heron. A small stream he was sitting beside, maybe waiting for something to eat. Anyway this small stream feeds into the Peace River in the foreground of the picture.
This is one of the numerous lizards around the clubhouse. They eat insects I hear. Wish they'd eat mosquito's or love bugs or roaches. I saw one roach down here at least 2" long. Last time I pulled up my sewer hose, he came out of the sewer. Hope they don't get into the bus.
Last time after sending the chainsaw carvings, I saw these. A Armadillo in the foreground & 2 bears.

Last blog, I used a term, that I seemed familiar with, even though I didn't know the spelling or exact meaning. Well, a friend of mine, Steve, who is into veggie oil & living off the grid, looked it up for me. See the link: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lackadaisical

I also was happy to hear on the news that Drew Carey, not Rosie O'Donnell is going to be the new host of "THE PRICE IS RIGHT", come fall. Maybe all of us voting in that e-mail to NOT HAVE ROSIE O'DONNELL did have some input to CBS.

Been cloudy all day & comfortable. I heard 1 clap of thunder & unplugged the computer for awhile, but haven't heard any since. Tomorrow is HUMP DAY, so hope you are having a good week. Ron

No comments: