Sunday, July 8, 2007

Why did the chicken fly into the tree?

I am at the junkyard on my week out from the campground. Yesterday I saw this chicken flying around in these small trees. Then it also stood on the ground & just like jumped up in the air a small amount. It looked like it was eating leaves off of the tree, but that wasn't the story.

There are only 3 chickens left at the junkyard. Gregg tried to catch them all & sell them, but these 3 escaped capture, so Gregg decided they could fend for themselves.




They survive very well here in Florida. Berries is what this one was eating. I can remember as a kid that a few chickens that we had, had to fend for themselves also. I don't know what they ate, but I remember them scratching the ground. We would also occasionally get a few eggs. Had to look for them in different places as those chickens wandered even though we had a chicken house.

Weather is hot here & supposed to be getting even hotter with more humidity. Got 4 tires for the rear of the bus, so now Tuesday, I'm supposed to get 2 almost new ones for the front.

Have a good week,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ron

No comments: