Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Convertible car ride

And the Thunder Rolls & the Lightning Strikes. Garth Brooks did a song, "Thunder Rolls", which I didn't like, but I went & downloaded it. Unfortunately it doesn't say the lightning strikes or I would have made a video slide presentation. After Greg & I got done putting the new front tires on the bus after 12:30 AM in the Wal-Mart parking lot, I was just about ready to head out on the road, but then I got a phone call. Wanna go to Steak & Shake? You buying? Yes they said, so I went.
This is the same couple I did their wedding pictures. So they picked me up & we headed for Steak & Shake, which must have been over 20 miles away. We went with the top down. As bad as these look, there were also stars in the sky, one not very far from this set of clouds. We never felt a drop of rain. I was looking through the camera & kept thinking there was an overpass coming up, but I was sitting in the back seat & it was the windshield. Pictures here don't do the situation really justice as it was unbelievably how the cloud lit up.
So it was 3:30 AM this morning before I got back to the bus & slept in the Wal-Mart parking lot. Going south on SR 41 I saw this sign. I got pulled off the road & had to walk back to take the picture. Little did I know it was gonna play a part today. Remember when I had a blowout on I-275 & a minister picked me up when I was hitchhiking? Today I picked up a guy walk whose car had ran out of gas. I told him about a minister who picked me up. Then he told me he is a minister from California here for a conference. I took him to a gas station & dropped him off there. Gave him one of my cards. Wish I had taken a picture of him to put in my blog, so his friends could have see this back home. Well, at least he can tell them.
This is a new front tire I got put on last night. New rims also. Tubeless 10.00 X 22.5 tubeless. All my other tires are tube type with split rim. These tires only had 1,000 miles put on them. They still have the tits on the side, which you can see against the grey rims. I'll have to buy a can of black spray paint to paint them black.
So after dropping him off & ended up with time to spare waiting on another friend who wasn't home, I came to Panera Bread to do my Internet. 1st time here & it is nice inside with relaxed atmosphere & LOOK AT THIS ROLL!!! Strawberry cream!!! Wow!!!

Besides that, it is hot outside, so I am soaking up their air conditioning, & several glasses of their delicious lemonade.

Hope you are all having a good week. Today is HUMP DAY. Ron

No comments: