Friday, July 27, 2007

Pig in a poke?

Well, not yet a Pig In A Poke, but is gonna be part of a HOG ROAST. The guy who owns the cage said the next one he catches we can have. Bob, who works here asked if he could buy one, but found out we'd get it free. The wild pig, maybe sow, as it looks like she has had baby pigs or is expecting, is small, skinny, to what we raise on farms. She has what appears to be a MOHAWK running up her back, maybe just the hair standing up as I was there, I'm not sure, but she did charge me as I got closer to the cage.
I'm sure glad she was inside. I did notice at the end of the cage though that there was a place that needed repaired. If she had seen that, she could have forced her snout through it & gotten out. I had a farmer friend I worked for who when he was in the lot with his domestic hogs that something happened & the pigs ate him. I got bit once by an unhappy pig as we were trying to load them to go to market. (MAYBE THAT ONE UNDERSTOOD WHEN HE GOT LOADED INTO THE TRUCK HIS LIFE WAS NEAR THE END, LOL). On the good side of hogs though, I raised pigs in 4-H & had pigs who were pets. Scratch them everywhere just like a dog & they end up being pets. I even slept with my guilt the night she had her pigs. Dad came out the next morning & I was still asleep in the hog house when he raised the lid.

I enlarged this wild pig's picture, using Picasa2, which the computer geeks taught me, http://geeksontour.com/ & saw she has brown eyes & a bloody snout, probably from ramming the cage, trying to get out. She rammed the cage several times when I was there taking her picture. Domestic hogs I know are nearsighted.

All for now. Got to get checked out. Have a good weekend,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ron

No comments: