Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Got Cha

If this bear trap caught you, you'd be in bad shape. It was all I could do was to lift it. Must have been 40+#. Looks like it would take 2 people to set it & if the pointed teeth inside the caught you, it would break a leg. There are not any known bears in this county now, but there are black bears in Florida.
Let's see if we can get you again. Do you have any idea what this is?
This is a fruit caliper. Remember this county is all agricultural. Citrus, vegetables, & beef cattle is the majority of products.
Used to be the CUCUMBER CAPITAL, but not as much anymore. A lot of squash & melons grown here.

I had only remember seeing these in museums, but at 18 months old, I fell against a wood burning stove & got a bald spot which I still have. I do remember my grandmother having a wood stove for heat. Standing next to it. Hot on one side & cold on the other side of my body.
Speaking of HOT, it is supposed to be around 92-94 all this week with lows to be around 75 every night.

No comments: