Thursday, July 5, 2007

Fireworks

They were pretty to look at even though they weren't as spectacular as I've seen, since this is just a small community & did only what they were able to afford.

As to the pictures, I didn't take my tripod, which could have improved them. Also the smoke sort of took away from them in some pictures. So I picked the ones I liked best in RED,WHITE, BLUE, & GREEN.


We actually were sitting in the Thousand Trails campground, across the road from the county park. So you see trees in the foreground.
Not too many blue ones & this was the prettiest one I got a picture of. There was another one about to burst inside of this one as you can see the white rocket streak going toward the center. We did get 1/2" of rain yesterday & it was a question if the fireworks would happen last night. 2 communities on the Atlantic Ocean had theirs cancelled. Flagler Beach, where I took my friend's Greg & Brenda's wedding pictures were delayed because of rain. Daytona Beach where the fireworks happens from a barge in the water had waves as high as 6' high & some of the fireworks fell into the ocean.
If you watch the Nascar race on TV Saturday night, which is at Daytona Beach, they might show some of the fireworks.
This picture isn't spectacular because of the fireworks, but because I can see the backside of a couple who works here at the campgrounds & recognize them. Must have just been some good timing as different people had some small fireworks & it lit their backsides up as the camera snapped the picture

Now this morning, I've been UNHAPPY TWICE!!! I went to put bread in the toaster & there was a frog on my sink beside the faucet. So I got a piece of paper toweling to get him OUT OF THE BUS!!! He hopped & it took several times to catch him, but I finally caught him, (partially squeezing him with his slimy skin against mine), & got him to the steps by the door. Opened the door & used my foot to chase him away of which he hopped the wrong direction 1st before he went outside.

So I went to the kitchen sink to wash my hands immediately. While doing that, it hit me, "IDIOT ME", I should have taken the picture before I got him out of the bus. He was by the faucet. Maybe he wanted a drink? LOL A picture of a frog beside the faucet with water running could have made the news, LOL. Oh well, not gonna get pictures of everything. Until next time, have a good week, Ron

No comments: